Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Concentrating on me...


I am taking a little break. I'm not sure how long it will be, but I have been suffering with a large amount of melancholy as of late. I think it is because I have been pushing myself hard at work and hard at home. My brain is tired, my body is tired. Therefore, I am taking a break. This is not to say that I won't be visiting my usual haunts, I will just be visiting them less frequently and not participating in any challenges. I have been pressing so long to get things done, that I am tired of working on a time frame. I am trying out for the design team over at Scrap-Tastic, so this little mini vacation will help if I get on it :)

That being said, it doesn't mean that I will be abandoning this blog. Far from it. I will be posting my layouts and sketches here more than anywhere else. And here's a couple layouts and a couple sketches for your enjoyment...

I did my example layout for this sketch because I was toying with some ideas for the photo I ended up using. Sometimes photos will tell you an immediate story, and sometimes, you just have a hard time figuring out how you want to tell that story with what items you have to use. This was one of those. I love the end result, though!


For my layout, I used papers from (background) Die Cuts With a View, (Dots) Crate, and Sassfras. The Journal Spot is also Sassfras. I used some flowers from Prima and metal ornaments from JoAnn. The flourishes are actually fussy cut from some organza ribbon I got at Michael's a while back. And, the chipboard is some flocked letters from Amanda Blu that I bought a while ago, but never used. I really didn't like the colors on this page, but the texture went just right, so I painted them with some acrylic paint and then used my black fine-tipped Zig pen to outline them.

My second sketch has no layout at the moment, but I did this one as an homage to one of my favorite scrappers... who has inspired me to climb out of my comfort zone and pile on the embellies :)
Her name is Toni and she is one of the DT Girlies at Scrap-Tastic. I can't recreate her style at all, but I absolutely ADORE it! Make sure you check out her blog and leave some love for her! It's Life as a Scrapper.


My last little thing here is another of my Sassafras explosions. I love love love how this came together... and yes, I did realize that I spelled "eighth" wrong... only after I got it all done and scanned in.

2 comments:

Lisa on October 7, 2009 at 7:44 PM said...

Fantastic sketches AND layouts! Don't you hate when you get a photo posted THEN realize a typo. I've done it several times lately. I fix my real-life layout but don't bother with the posted image. Then just when you think it has gone unnoticed BAM someone spots it! LOL! To be honest, I didn't even catch...probably never would have if you hadn't mentioned it.

Hope you get some much deserved rest. Also hope this doesn't mean we won't be seeing as much of you at SS. We'll miss you, but I totally understand the need for a break. Best of luck with the DT call!!!

ellen s. on October 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM said...

i hate when i do that! LOL! most of the time ppl don't even notice ;)

i hope you find some time to rest and get back to your old self...i think we all go through that and you need to take care of you!