Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In Memory


Something told me it was time to do this layout today. I'm not sure if it was because there were several of both their movies on TV last night, or just because it is the season for remembrance of the dead, but I did get it done. This was a hard layout to do because I have never scrapped anything like this before, and I wanted it to be special. I think I accomplished that. It all fell together with the sketch, so that's the one I am sharing this time.




For the layout on this, I used papers from the Die Cuts With a View Far East Stack in the background and some Scenic Route textured cardstock for the title. I cut out the title using a font called Parseltongue. The crow was cut using the KR Crow font and the dragon was cut using  a dragon dingbat font that I now can't find. The flowers and bling are from Darcie. For the journal spot, I used a stamp from Autumn Leaves and the flourishes are from JoAnn (got them in the dollar spot there).

For you fellow SCAL users (and digi-scrappers that use CU), I have found an awesome blog! Check out the Scrappin' Cop's Blog (it's in my blog list on the right). She offers a bunch of freebies for personal use and the fonts are to die for!

1 comments:

Tricia on October 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM said...

wowee what a wonderfully sentimental layout you did. This is just stunning. You should frame it.