Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Major Mojo, reporting for duty!


I have been ultra-inspired this week! I like to chalk it up to a blast of creativity, but I think I am also going to credit all my new stuff!I don't have a ton of it, but just a few new papers & I am going through my old stash like mad, now, so I can use it with my new stuff! I also have a (sort of) tutorial for you today as well as some really fun layouts and a sketch!
First off, the tutorial. Unfortunately, it's a written tutorial, because I didn't think to take pictures while I was making this particular item.I am talking about the ribbon flower on this layout:
You will definitely be seeing these on my layouts more in the future because it was so simple to make, and it gives me a use for all those adorable spools of ribbon that I buy because I love them and then don't end up using them.
To make these flowers:
  1.  Cut a piece of ribbon about 6" long from your spool
  2. Fold the ribbon like you would a fan
  3. Staple in the center of the bundle you have made
  4. Unfold & fan out the edges.
That's it! I adhered it to my page and fixed the button on it with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. I am definitely going to be doing a lot of these... I am also thinking some wide lace would look nice. And can you imagine how gorgeous they would be with a little glimmer mist? I also used papers from October Afternoon and Echo Park, a tag from My Little Shoebox and stickers from Echo Park & Sassafras on this page.

And now, for the sketches!

In the page I did for this, I used papers from Die Cuts With a View (Cardstock) and K & Co. The die-cut journal area is from Lily Bee. The flowers are Prima & Studio 8. The Rub-on is from Basic Grey and the alphas are from Miss Elizabeth's.
 

1 comments:

Latharia on August 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM said...

Those ribbon flowers are cool! I love the design for Masks, too!!!