Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Some More Disney, a Sketch & a Tutorial


First off, I would love to thank everyone who is following me and (hopefully) enjoying my ramblings. Please let your friends know about my site and please comment when you can, so I don't feel like the homeless lady in the park that talks to herself :) I will be announcing a contest soon... when I can get everything together for it :)

And now, to the fun part!

I wanted to share my favorite layouts I have done this week.
Remember that ad I posted a couple weeks ago? Well, I finally got my layout done using that ad.
On this layout, I used papers from K&Co. and Sandylion. The flowers are all from Prima, the bling is from Darcie, the bling brads are Making Memories, and the pearl swirls are ones I made (but bought the strands from JoAnn). The other swirls are ones that I cut with my cricut from DCWV Glitter Cardstock.
To make the pearl swirls, you will need to find a store that sells sewing notions (like JoAnn's) and look in their trims department. These ones I found were only $2.50 for 3 yards of them, and they had several colors. To get the pattern, I used the leftover pieces of cardstock from my other swirls as a stencil and then traced where I wanted the swirls with Helmar Craft Glue. After letting the glue settle for a couple minutes, I measured my pearls by holding them over where I wanted each piece and approximated how long I would need for each small strand. Then I layed each cut piece in the craft glue and let it dry. So easy and so much more economical than buying pre-made pearl swirls! As a pattern, you could also use a swirl stamp in a light color- I've done that before as well.

My 2nd favorite layout as of late is this one:

You can tell I stocked up on the Sandylion Disney papers... The brackets are from Echo Park, the "Smile" is from Cosmo Cricket's "The Boyfriend" line, The border stickers and alphas are from Sassafras, and the Pluto is a Jolee's sticker.

And lastly, the sketch. I don't have an example of this one this week, because it is one of my "backup" sketches... I would love to see your takes on it, though!

Post a link to your layouts in my "Comments" section :)

5 comments:

Tina on September 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM said...

Love the pearl swirls! I will certainly try that out. Great pages! :D

Becky on September 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM said...

Cute LOS! I love the Bibbty Bobbty Boo title :)

Audra on September 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM said...

super cute layouts and i love the titles!! adorable!! thanks so much for visiting my blog!! :)

arlsmom aka Lynda on September 19, 2010 at 7:22 PM said...

Great pearl swirls!!

Dolores on September 22, 2010 at 4:35 AM said...

great layouts, love the sketch too!