Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More fun flowers!


I have been playing around with my ribbon flowers lately and came up with these wonderful roses that I used on this layout:
The ribbon is from Michael's (you know, their dollar ribbon sales). Also on this layout, I used Bazzill Card Stock and papers from K & Co.and Sassafras. I hand-cut the felt rik-rak. The lace is from Walmart, and I think the pearl brads are as well. I think you will be seeing a lot of these little alphabet stamps- I got them at JoAnn in the dollar bins, and I absolutely love them!

Anyhow, on to how to make these roses (they're super-easy!)
Step 1: Cut about 12" of ribbon (mine were about 1" wide)
Step 2: Insert a brad into the end of your ribbon and attach to your paper where you want the center of your flower to be.
Step 3: Using quick-dry or craft glue (I used Helmar Craft Glue), draw a circle around the brad, approximating how big you think your flower will be and fill it in. Let your glue set for a minute or two.
Step 4: Twist the ribbon and pull it around the brad, laying it in the craft glue as you twist. You may need to add extra glue if you didn't put enough. Once you reach the end of the ribbon, tuck it under the roll it is next to.
And voila! You have a great ribbon rose!

Happy Scrapping!






1 comments:

Gine on October 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM said...

Love your flower and your project