Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cheap storage


Those of you who know me know how I am about being frugal & re-purposing things. My button stash had previously been in some separated condiment containers. I liked them because they kept my colors separated & I could shake out just one button, however, the older the containers got, the more the lid would fall off & spill all my buttons. I decided yesterday to go to the thrift store to see what I could find in the way of storage. I planned on trying to find a spice rack that was empty, but they didn't have any. So, I tried to think of what else could be used as storage and thought maybe finding a mug tree and getting some cute mugs would work, but no mug trees. Then, I found these great glass mugs and decided that because I have plenty of room under my paper shelf, I could use cup hooks. Here's the result:
Not only functional, but taking advantage of all my space, and the mugs and cup hooks cost me less than $5!

2 comments:

ellen s. on April 15, 2010 at 10:10 AM said...

what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

i have something for you over at my blog. http://theladywolf.blogspot.com/2010/04/ahhh-i-got-award.html