Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just Call Me The Cleaner...


Normally, I like all living creatures. Yes, I am afraid of big hairy spiders, but the little ones are not bad. I now have an exception to the rule. Since we had such a mild winter, not all the bugs died that would have normally, so we are being overrun with these annoying little black ants! They are inside, outside, everywhere! They swarm anything and everything, like this (not my house- found this online so you would get the idea):
They're just ooky! They smell bad when you squish them, too. Anyhow, these little buggers have sent me on a major cleaning frenzy. I'm pretty sure that I have annoyed everyone else in the house with it. I am bordering on OCD cleaning. We have sprayed all kinds of chemical and natural sprays as well as set out traps, but no avail. If anyone has any great ideas that work to get rid of these pests, I'm all ears!

2 comments:

Unknown on July 14, 2010 at 7:03 PM said...

EWWW EWWW EWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got no advice.

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Jill Oriente on July 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM said...

Yep... sprayed everywhere. And we should be buying stock in ziploc bags right now... that seems to be the only thing they will stay out of, other than the fridge & freezer.