Saturday, September 19, 2009

I love clip art!


I was going to try to get all my new sketches up, but my computer thwarted my ability to do so by getting rid of all my digital scrapbooking picture tubes... we have no idea how. Anyway, I was able to make some more by way of clip art sites, and was also able to get 2 of my sketches up... and even the one with the example :)
I love this first sketch, simply because it is so fun and whimsical, and I think that if I were to adopt it for my own use, I think I would have to have 5 cats at the bottom, as well as a dog.



The second sketch, I did for one of the Daily Challenges over at Serendipity. This challenge was to somehow alter a clear piece. In this case, I used two- the larger shaped piece and the word "Live." Both are from a Fancy Pants Acrylic album kit that I bought and ended up using piece by piece on other things. I used a rub on on the larger one and then on both of them, I painted a swirl stamp lightly with black acrylic paint and gently stamped it on the back. After the paint dried, I also used some Stickles to cover the back of "Live." The paper is from Die Cuts With a View and the part under all the embellishments is actually a paper towel. I liked the look of the paper towel while everything was drying that I decided to use it. The journal spot is Teresa Collins. I used some Prima flowers and the felt dragonflies are cut out of a larger piece of felt from Queen & Co.


I have to admit, I went hog wild at House of Paper and ordered oodles of the new Sassafras. I think I am totally in love with those little monsters! And it will blend so well
with the Daisy Bucket monsters I bought... everyone I have shown that stuff to has said, "That's so Charlie." Guess whose album most of this is probably going into?

I did not leave Chloe out, though. There's plenty of rainbows and funky designs for her album, too. My next order of business is getting ready for the holidays and getting some more Halloween stuff (yep, I bought some... not necessarily enough, though)... and I need to get more into my fall and winter stash. I used almost all of it up last year!








1 comments:

Lisa on September 21, 2009 at 6:48 AM said...

Great LO!!! Love the paper towel on the page!!! Hint: Keep that idea in mind...it could come in handy in a few days!;) Can't wait to see what you create with all your new goodies!