Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Big Reveal...


I have been working on getting the house de-cluttered and so I haven't been scrapping much in the last week and a half. My apologies to anyone who was waiting for my usual Wednesday sketch. Anyhow, it's been a chore. We finished the kitchen and laundry room today. Our plan was to take my little scrappy corner out of the laundry room & give it an area of our dining room (which seems to collect junk from activities not related to dining at all.) We had planned on moving our table out into the garage to be used as a project table out there, but, when I went to move it, one of the legs fell off. This is not a new table by any stretch of the imagination, and this leg had been, in fact, re-attached several times. This time, though,m there was no fixing it. It is now currently sitting on our back patio in the rain, awaiting the fate of being chopped to bits and used as firewood. Before you worry about fumes from the lacquer on it, keep in mind that this table used to belong to my grandma and has been used for so many things, left so many times in different weather, that any semblance of chemical on it are fair to none.

Anyhow, back to the story at hand... I have a large corner of the dining room now. We are contemplating on getting a small cafe table, but right now, I am really enjoying the wide-open space that is now our craft area :) I even took a picture :)

The desk, chair & plastic drawers were already ones I had in my little corner before. We bought the hutch today at Value Village for $30 and I think it's just perfect for what I needed it for! I originally intended to have a tall bookshelf for storage purposes, but I really couldn't find one I liked. This one just stood out to me and it holds everything I need it to and then some! The side table is just a piece of treated laminated fiber board that we had bought for Chloe to use as a desk (and which ended up sitting in her room when she decided she didn't like having a desk. I love having that extra space, though, because it means I can even have my sewing machine out and actually use it! The kids also are loving that extra space because I did tell them that if they needed any extra craft area, they could use that. So far, Charlie is the only one who has taken advantage of that... and he is also addicted to using my Helmar Craft Glue. I think I may have to make him buy his own bottle before he uses mine up!

Now that things have settled down a little more, I should have a new sketch to post on Wednesday again... as well as some fun layouts! Until then...


1 comments:

Brianna Marshall on January 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM said...

oh yay for your own space!and its so organized!!!