Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Late on Wednesday...


You know what they say, better late than never! Hah! Who is "They" anyways? Anyhow, I am posting now because I have been grocery shopping and scrapbooking all day :) I usually do my crafts when I am doing laundry, but our dryer is still on the fritz, so I am sooo thrown off my game. I can't wait until we can do laundry at home. The laundromat is so expensive. Can you believe we spent $40 to wash our laundry on Sunday? Granted, that was 2 weeks worth of laundry for 4 people, but still... Yikes! I promised the kids that I wouldn't spend any money on scrappy stuff until after vacation (Sooooo hard because everyone is doing their Winter CHA previews! I should only be so lucky as to win some...), but it seems that all the money I would be saving is going right into trying to fix the dryer and doing laundry. It's a vicious cycle. I want off.

I do have a couple of layouts and sketches to share, for all my effort today.

For this first one, I was actually influenced by a clock... I was playing with numbers for this layout and finally came up with this design... and an example that looks pretty close to it.

For this layout, I used paper from Die Cuts With a View and K & Co. mostly, though I'm not totally sure because I used a lot of scraps that I have had for years. There might even be some My Mind's Eye as well. The buttons are also all hodgepodge of ones from various places and articles of clothing. The only thing I do know for certain is that the journal spot is from Sassafras :)

Here's the bonus sketch of the day... I may have to try this one as well. If I have the right photos. Mine always seem too big for this sort of thing!



Happy Scrapping!

0 comments: