Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Good, The Bad & The Sketchy


What a difference a week can make! To start off, the good news is always the best! Our family is all a little tired today and it is due to the fact that we were all at the hospital last night where my Sister in Law gave birth to my nephew! His name is Tristan Kale. He was born a little after 11:20pm and weighed 7 lbs. 11oz.

Isn't he a cutie! I can't wait to watch him grow! Charlie is really happy to have a boy cousin now... especially after 13 years of being the only boy.

Now the bad news. We got notified today that Brianna, who runs the Spunky Scrappers site is hanging up her boots. She said she will leave the site up as inspiration, but will no longer be running any challenges. I'm bummed because I have been just loving some of the different challenges! The topics were great, not to mention the fact that it is the first DT I have ever been on & I was just starting to have a blast! I guess I will be searching out some new DT opportunities this new year.

And, finally, the Sketchy :)
I have two for you today!

For this first layout, I used papers from K & Co. and a strip of Sassafras. The journal spot is Little Yellow Bicycle and the title and butterfly were cut with my Cricut using Die Cuts With a View glitter cardstock. The flowers are Prima. To get the bunchy effect on the pink & yellow flowers, I put a dot of Helmar Craft Glue in the center of one paper flower, then held it together until it set and stayed there, then I used a dot of Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to adhere it to the center of the second flower.



This next one is my favorite :)


This one us almost all Sassafras :) The film strip is from Creative Imaginations, the felt is from Blu Eye Dezines and the little metal clips are from Heidi Swapp.


What's inspiring you today?

2 comments:

Chiara on January 6, 2010 at 2:58 PM said...

congrats and I love the sketches.

ellen s. on January 7, 2010 at 5:41 AM said...

congrats! what a sweetie!!!

sorry about your site, looks like loads of inspo