Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring is in the air!


I am so happy that my laptop is working! Not only that, but we were able to get Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 working on it :) As you can guess, I am an RCT junkie. I can spend hours playing the game!

As you can tell, I have been Tweeting like crazy... mostly because I can use my phone for it and can access them pretty much anywhere. Expect Tweets from DisneyLand (we'll be there in a month yayyyyy!!!!)

In addition to my weekly sketches, I have decided to try to have Daily Inspiration. This is as much for me as for everyone that reads my blog. Not only is it a great thing to try to do, but it also will let me have all my inspiration in one spot which I can easily access :) We'll see how I can keep this up lol! Anyhow, the Daily Inspiration may be a quote or a picture or it might even be an ad or a magazine layout from somewhere. Feel free to put your own inspiration in my comments :) I love comments!

Today's Inspiration comes from a site called Quotes Arcade

And now on to my sketch and layout for today. I wasn;t able to get a 2nd sketch, but I may post a bonus as soon as I think up a few more.


For my layout, I used papers from My Little Shoebox. This is a company that I am really liking... almost as much as I love Sassafras! I just got some of their newer lines, and I can say that Imaginary Friends is soooo cute I may not be able to use it... but I will try. I also used a different technique on here... I wanted the rainbow letters to look painted and didn't want to deal with using several pieces of paper through my Cricut, so I used some Chalk Pastel Pencils and sketched a block of color for each letter, then I smeared my fingers across them to blend them. After I cut them, I traced each letter with a super fine black pen and filled in the inside with iridescent craft glitter glue. 

I also must share with you another layout I did using My Little Shoebox... no sketch for this one because I made this one up as I went along... I cut along the inside of the shaped paper to make the basket, except the part that I left for journaling on. The Flowers are Prima & the felt is Queen & Co. I cut out the chocolate bunny using an Easter font I found (sorry, don't remember the name or where I found it... I think I just Googled it to find it).


Have an inspiring day!

3 comments:

Beth on April 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

Came here from Serendipity & love these pages & that sketch!

Dria on April 29, 2010 at 4:28 AM said...

I like your sketch and what you did with it.
You have a fun blog!

Unknown on April 29, 2010 at 6:29 AM said...

Love the sketch! Dig the photos in the page!
The Easter bunny is adorable.
Used to play RCT! We worked through Thrillville on the wii -- totally fun!