Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The gifts

Since it is after Christmas & everyone has their gifts, I can finally post the pictures of what I made :) I'll start with my mom's present, an altered canvas.

I used Daisy D's paper on this (though it's hard to see through the paint & the flash). I started by decoupaging the paper to the canvas. After that dried, I mixed some paints together to make the pretty lavender color and also mixed it with an opaque iridescent ceramic paint and painted around the edges of the paper and on the canvas (I used a foam brush for this). I then used just the ceramic paint to cover the paper. After all the paint had dried, I cut out the frames and the Title using my Storybook Cricut font and decoupaged them to the canvas.I adhered a quote sticker from Me & My Big Ideas inside the smaller frame after the glue was dry and then painted over that with the ceramic paint and just a touch of the lavender paint. After all that dried, I then used Helmar Craft Glue to create the pearl swirls and to adhere the lace and ribbon. I then used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to attach the silk flowers (found @ the dollar store) and the butterflies (also cut from the Storybook cartridge). Lastly, I used some glitter glue on the butterfly bodies & put the bling on the small frame.

These are the cookie jars I made for my sister & sister-in-law (and their significant others)- although I should have taken this photo after I filled them with cookies...

I decoupaged both of these. The jar on the left used papers from Collage Press (I love the little cupcakes!), Sassafras (the little duckies), and Die Cuts With a View (the pink & brown plaid... it's also on the lid). I used alpha stickers from American Crafts & the ribbon is from a swap. The jar on the right is 100% Sassafras papers & even a paper whimsy card. I used my Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut the "Sweets", and the ribbon is some old holiday ribbon I got at JoAnn's a couple years ago. The flowers on both are Prima.

The kids and I also used some old photos of my Dad's cars through the years & made him a calendar, but I was in such a hurry to get everything dome, I neglected to document it and therefore am unable to share it. I will share what we used for it for anyone wanting to make their own. We used 13 page protectors and pretty much made 12 8 1/2 x 11 horizontal layouts featuring one car on each month, as well as a theme for each month. We then used 3 1" binder rings to attach the page protectors to  a large piece of cardboard that we had painted and we glued the first & last page of them to the cardboard itself. We then made the calendar part in Microsoft Word and printed them out and put them in the proper spots in the calendar and voile! A reusable calendar!

I'll get my scrap on tomorrow and share a couple new sketches :) Just in time for the New Year!