Saturday, January 1, 2011

Challenge Day #2


I got two of the challenges done today:
Chiara's 2nd Challenge was to create a layout using ribbon & buttons. I did just the thing with this Easter layout. I used paper from Crate's Restoration line. The ribbon is just plain, white ribbon that I stamped with acrylic paint to create the swirl. I also stamped the "Precious" in the corner and traced it with Stickles.

The second challenge that I got done was Karen's Flower Challenge (#2 for those of you playing the home edition). This one gave me the chance to use some insanely old Daisy Ds paper in my stash as well as really pushing my limits (extra points for using flowers on a Manly layout). I also used some papers from K & Co. and chipboard from Colorbok. To make the flowers n here, I cut circles in three different sizes on my Cricut, sanded the edges, and then attached them together with a brad. After that, I sprayed them with a distressing ink and some pewter Glimmer Mist. While they were wet, I crumpled & folded them to distress them more.
I have also managed to finally finish our vacation album, so hopefully I will be able to post some of those layouts later :)
Happy Scrapping!

0 comments: