Friday, June 26, 2009

I couldn't resist...


Today is payday, so, naturally we are out of all the good food in the house (Charlie is undergoing a growth spurt and is eating anything he can find), so, after I got home from work, a visit to the grocery store was necessary. After perusing the ads we got in the mail yesterday, I made the decision to go to a particular grocery store that happens to be right next door to a Michael's. Oops! With the big yellow "Clearance Sale" banner, my bargain-hunter mode kicked in and I couldn't resist the draw. Luckily, I found some of those plastic popcicle molds in the dollar bin outside... my wallet, however was in for so much more. As I wound my way around the store, I kept finding score after score... I suggest a visit if you are in the market for any of the Prima Nursery Tales line or you can get some great deals on some Sassafras (The COLLECTIONS of Hog Heaven and Whale of a Tale... 1/2 price!)

Ok, so this was maybe a little bit of retail therapy for me. Wednesday was not the best day around here. I found out where all those really annoying black ants that keep invading my kitchen are coming from- after I happened to poke my thumb into the bathroom wall while trying to steady myself while cleaning and dozens of the little suckers came out. YUCK! And then, there is the case of the non-working free-standing dishwasher that only seems to now serve in the capacity of something to throw everything else on and take up space. We moved it out of the kitchen, and found a nice hole in the floor, presumably a soft spot from when our water heater gave up the ghost last fall and slowly leaked its way into the floorboards. Oh joy...

0 comments: