Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Little Shoebox Yumminess... Pagemaps Blog Contest





The Pagemaps blog has an awesome contest and the prize is some awesome stuff from My Little SHoebox, so, naturally I have to enter :) And, I have to say, I love this month's sketch for this! It really got me out of my groove a
nd doing some different techniques! For my take on it, I stretched it into a two-page layout with 4 photos. In this case, it's actually 2 8x8 pages. I used papers from K&Co. and Rita Marie. The journal spot is from My Mind's Eye. The big ribbon is Making Memories (I believe), as are the glitter alphas in the title. I didn't like how the title was looking, as it was originally a bright silver, so I inked them in with a Prismacolor marker to match the colors in the layout. One of the other new techniques I used was in making the pearl swirls. I stamped the swirl design on the page and traced it with Helmar Craft Glue. After letting the glue set for a few seconds, I used strands of beading (like you would sew on a dress) cut to size and set them in the glue. In a couple minutes they were perfectly dry!





0 comments: