Monday, June 1, 2009

This week's Blog Prompt


Seeing as it's the end of the year and students are reflectng on the past school year. (okay, they're probably doing more planning for the Summer than reflecting, but I can dream.) Anyway,when you reflect on your school years, was there a particular teacher that made a big impact on you? that you still think of?

I think that during my school years, probably one of the teachers that made the biggest impacts on me was my 3rd grade teacher, Mr. McMullen. I was in a 2nd/3rd Grade split room and after the 2nd graders left for the day, we older kids were exposed to lots of cool things, including writing our own books (which were entered in a Young Author's Competition- mine won that year!) as well as I think that class fostered my love of reading because Mr. McMullen would read to us. However, he didn't bother with kids' books... we heard "Tarzan" and "Where the Red Fern Grows" and stuff like that.



1 comments:

Dalovely Damanda on June 3, 2009 at 6:22 AM said...

I loved my teachers that also read great books to us and showed us the fun in reading! Great blog prompt!