Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So much summer fun!


I know I kinda skimped on the sketches last week... mostly due to time constraints and because of my contest, but I hope this one makes up or it! :) Don't forget, you have until July 15th to post a layout to the comments section (or email me) of this post. This week's layout is one I did for the June Contest on Scrap-Tastic. It started out looking a little funky as a sketch and it took me about 4 sketches to finally map it out well enough to use, but I love the end result! For this one, the challenge was to use at least: 3 patterned papers (I used Daisy Ds, LilyBee from the French Couture Collection, and Die Cuts With a View from last year's Fall Stack), 3 cardstocks (which I used to mat the photos as well as the background for everything), 3 stamps (my butterflies, which I stamped on white crdstock and then colored in using chalk pastel pencils, and also the "Live well, laugh often, love much" on the border), and 3 DIFFERENT embellishments (I used Chipboard for the title, brads, die cut flowers from Daisy Ds and even added some dimensional flowers and butterflies from Studio 18, some ricrac, and finally a cardstock journal sticker from Sassafras). An exhausting list, but a very worthwhile layout!

0 comments: