Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Some fontalicious fun :)



I haven't been able to play with my scrappy stuff nearly as much as I want to, due mostly to the fact that I have been working and doing a lot of house cleaning. I do have some fun fonts to share that I have found work exceptionally well with SCAL . The first is a font called "Butterflies", which is exactly as it sounds. Now, the font itself is a little too detailed for cutting, but if you switch it to Shadow Blackout mode, cuts some great butterfly silhouettes. For the layout on the right, I used some Sassafras that has a print on it that looks like elementary school writing practice paper and cut out the butterfly silhouettes. Before I took them off the cutting mat, I traced the cuts with a black pen. Then, I used these butterflies as my journaling spots on this page.
You can find the butterflies font here: http://www.dafont.com/butterflies.font

My second font is Called Unchanged Thoughts. It is a curly handwriting font. Now, most of the handwriting fonts you find are pretty thin and don't cut well, but this one is substantial enough that it cuts beautifully. Unfortunately, I have no examples to upload with this one as of yet, I've only tested it on a couple of scraps, but it works wonderfully :) You can find it Here: http://www.dafont.com/unchanged-thoughts$.font

I also have a couple cool sketches to share. I have been challenging myself to do some sketches that are really different, so you will see some with my examples and some without. It may be only because I haven't found a particular set of photos to go with that sketch yet. Let me know how you like them, and if you use them, please post your layout in my comments section so I can see, too :)

0 comments: