Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Two posts in one hour... Wow! It's a record!


So, rather than just going in and editing my last post, I'm going to be a total blog whore at the moment.

I have, in the last two weeks, been having a ton of fun playing around with my Sure Cuts A Lot. For those of you who have no idea what I am referring to, it's that program that allows you to cut any font on your computer with your Cricut. I figured I would get it because my little cut buddy is over a year and a half old and has no warranty to speak of, so ProvoCraft's warning that it would void my warranty is of no consequence to me anyway.

Anyhow, I think I have used it on every layout I have done in the past week, after I got the hang of it. I think I may never have to buy another cartridge again.

For those who are still contemplating taking the plunge, let me just say, it is soooooo worth it!

In the interest of my new little obsession, however, I think that I will begin posting some links to fonts that I try that I really like, as well as warnings for ones that don't cut quite so well...

My first one... warning. Though it may look innocent enough, do not try to cut anything out of the Zombie Holocaust font. I used this one for a page on the World Record breaking Zombie Walk we participated in and it took an hour for my cut buddy to cut the words "Walking Dead". This is because (and I guess I didn't look carefully enough), this seemingly plain, innocent font has HUNDREDS of little, teeny, tiny dots on it, which my Cricut felt obliged to painstakingly recreate with its cutting blade. There are other fonts in the world that look just as snazzy as this one, and Cricut likes those much better. If you contemplate cutting this one out, my advice is DON'T DO IT! It may work with those little pens you can buy for it, though...

1 comments:

Unknown on September 11, 2009 at 11:35 AM said...

I don't have a Cricut. I bought the silhouette so I could cut a zillion fonts... but you are SO right about some fonts being CRAZY when you attempt to cut them!