Thursday, November 19, 2009

I hate it when that happens


I meant to get this sketch up last night, but my lovely computer decided that it didn't want to cooperate, so I am now rushing to do this now, before work. Oh yeah, it's also my birthday. No rest for the wicked I guess, right?
I also was meaning to put a tutorial on here for making the roses in the post below with actual paper, but none of my images would upload. So you only get to see the finished product. I ended up using tissue paper to start with because my patterned paper was just too stiff. I figure I need to play with the proportions more to get it to work. Anyhow, here's my rose (don't ask why this one uploaded but none of the others would...):


I got a little bit o' scrappin' done yesterday, not a whole lot, though. My ideal day would have been to spend the day scrapping, but my niece requested to spend the day with her, so I obliged by accompanying her & my mother-in-law to the mall.

The sketch for today was done specifically for this layout. I knew I wanted it round & that I wanted the photos round, and then I got stuck. For a week. I finally got myself out of that rut by sketching it out and adding to the sketch as the next few days progressed. I was finally able to get it to fruition yesterday when I got some time to play.

For my example, I used papers from Me & My Big Ideas and Sassafras (I got one of their mini stacks of Sweet Marmalade- love it for this sort of stuff!). The Monster Cards are also Sassafras. The stars are miscellaneous die cuts I had rolling around in my embellishment drawers forever & I cut the jagged felt borders from some of that pre-adhesived felt you can buy at the craft store.The stamps are ones I bought at Michael's forever ago, and the chipboard is from Heidi Swapp.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that layout!! :) Hey woman...you WON a prize for having the Sassafras blinkie on your blog! Drop me a line or call me with your shipping address so I can send it to you!
Kathy
sassafras_marketing@sassafraslass.com
801-269-1331