Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lots of scrappy goodness


I finally got my font uploaded to a site where it can be available... you an find it HERE. Here's a small sampling of what is on it.

Keep in mind that this is meant more as a font to be used with SCAL, so the shapes aren't super-duper detailed. I tried to create things that I knew I could use, so there's shapes for shaped papers, photo corners, flourishes and even things that would work as journal spots.Most of this is clip art I found and these are meant for PERSONAL USE ONLY. This will be available for download for 30 days, unless there's a lot of downloads, then it may stay on there longer.




I have been really inspired as of late, possibly because I went paper shopping :) and got some yumminess. First off, here's today's sketch & example. For the layout of this, I used papers from Sassafras (I know, big surprise there, right?) and K & Co. The journal spot and flowers are from Making Memories.


I also have a bunch of layouts without sketches that I want to share, so, here they are in no particular order:

For this layout, I used papers from Sassafras & Die Cuts With a View. The chipboard photo corners are from Scenic Route, the die cuts are from October Afternoon, and the alphas are from Sassafras & Miss Elizabeth's.
 This is from our getaway to Westport. Joe let Zeke off his leash and he ran towards this huge flock of seagulls and pigeons  on the beach. Hence, the tile.


This page is one I struggled with. Partially because I chose to print the photo as an 8x10, and partially because I couldn't find anything that seemed to have anything to do with gargoyles, even during Halloween. I ended up using the Sassafras Monstrosity paper as an inspiration for this one.The felt is from Blu Eye Dezines. I cut the "Gargoyle" title from a font called "A Charming Font". I like how it looks, but this was one of those fonts that is really detailed and just doesn't translate well to the Cricut. I ended up using the negative image of it because the letters all got messed up.

Aren't all these princesses cute? This is the page of the infamous brother-in-law picture lol! I totally couldn't resist using it on here. Manda, I have a wallet for you of these if you want them :) On this page, I used paper from Die Cuts With a View "Once Upon a Time" Stack.The purple is cardstock I stamped & inked. The journal card is from Pink Paislee and the flowers are all Prima.


I saved this one as last because this one is one of my favorites... I also took this photo just to use this paper. This is from BoBunny's Kitchen Spice collection. The flowers are Prima. I used pastel pencils to color in and smudge the white ones so they went a little better. The leaves are ones I bought at Michael's that came pre-glittered. The chipboard is from the dollar store. I love how the big butterfly worked on this one. I have a few of these that I saved from some Christmas ornaments we had that fell apart. I liked how they looked and figured I would eventually use them.

3 comments:

Lisa on November 4, 2009 at 1:12 PM said...

Fantastic layouts...can't begin to pick a fave! Great work!

Unknown on November 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM said...

These are some FANTASTIC pages! Great use of that "Once Upon a Time" stack paper, that stuff is SO cute and SO freaking hard to use!

Julia Sandvoss on November 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM said...

Your Kitchen Spice layout looks fantastic!! TFS Julia "Bo Bunny"