Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So Pretty!


I found a blog with this awesome tutorial on how to make roses from maple leaves & in my scrap-addled mind thought, "Wow, I could totally do that with patterned paper!" Here's the link for the blog http://haha.nu/creative/how-to-make-roses-from-maple-leaves/ and their finished product:

I'll post my version after I've had some time to play, but isn't that just the coolest idea?

I actually found that site through my latest addiction of using "StumbleUpon." If you've never used it before, you basically sign up (you don't have to, but if you do, you can bookmark the sites that you find & like), tell it what topics you are interested in, and then hit the "Stumble" button. It will bring you to random websites that fit within the topics you set. You can either thumbs-up a site (which saves it for you), or thumbs-down it (which makes sure you never go there again). I could stumble all day if you let me. And if I actually had the time.

I'll be posting today's sketch later on today. I got a call earlier that my niece was requesting to "visit Aunt Jill", so we are off to the mall and to redeem my Lasting Memories Gift Certificates. I don't know what I want to get yet, but I hope they have some fun stuff! (Like they wouldn't... who am I kidding!)

Oh yeah, in case you didn't notice the new addition to the top right-hand side of my blog bar, I am now on the Design Team for Spunky Scrappers, both as a designer & a sketch artist :) My first sketch for them, with their interpretations, will be posted mid-December. But, I have tons & tons of ideas in my head, so I will still be posting my weekly sketch here as well. Feel free to play along & post your interpretations of my sketches to the comments so I can see too!


1 comments:

Liz Chidester on November 18, 2009 at 11:09 AM said...

Wow, those ARE cool! I look forward to seeing your version of them too.
Thanks for sharing!