Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tis the Season


I know I was planning on posting some layouts and a sketch or two, but, seriously, my game got messed up! Between waiting for things to dry and then having to work some longer shifts at work to pull up the slack, I am one tired puppy! Here it is, not even 9 PM yet and I am just bushed! Could have something to do with the hot bath I just got out of, but it could also be that I have been working my patootie off! Anyhow, I am making it on here enough to post this week's sketch and an unrelated layout (or two).
Here's the sketch:
 I also want to mention that my first sketch for Spunky Scrappers will be debuting in a couple weeks! For the sketches over there, I am doing all different ones, so make sure you check us out! It's a great challenge site with lots of fun people & I am having so much fun being on the DT! Hopefully, I will have a blinkie to put on here from there, soon :)
For my unrelated layout, I wanted to share this one:

 

I used papers from K & Co. (The Stripes) and My Little Shoebox (The circle paper). The green felt behind the photos is from some coasters I bought at Dollar Tree a couple years ago & was finally able to use. I also used some Sassafras Felties bugs & jar, a journal sticker from Sassafras, and some flower stickers from Studio8.


This is another of my Sassafras explosions, but I just love how these all turned out!I knew that when I got these Paper Whimsies Cards and saw this little yellow fuzzy monster that I had to use him with this picture of Charlie talking & Chloe plugging her ears! We are now referring to him as the Charlie monster. The only things not Sassafras on here are the journaling card from Pebbles Inc., The Chipboard from Colorbok, and the felt from Blu Eye Dezines.

On a related note, I really want to say a huge "Thanks!" to the folks at Sassafras for picking my blog as one of their Friday winners! Seeing as how last Thursday was my birthday, I am considering it a sort of birthday gift :)  And wowee! I love all the stuff I got! I got a bunch of their Amplify line, some felties, some chipboard, and even some monograms and stickers! I was so happy to open that box and I know they will be well used... my only dilemma is which to use first!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and got really stuffed! (pun intended)

0 comments: